Being a mom is one of the hardest things I have done and probably will do. It's especially hard when your child is sick, sad or hurt in some way. These past couple of days Ellie has not been able to go to school. This has devastated Emersyn. She NEEDS that comfort of knowing Ellie is at school, even though they typically never see each other while there. Monday morning, Emersyn kept telling me she wasn't a big girl and she couldn't do it by herself. I made such a big deal of it yesterday when she got home from school. I had a Sonic slushy (not like it wasn't cold outside or anything) waiting for her, gave her a big hug and congratulated her on being a big girl.
During breakfast this morning Emersyn was confident and ready to go to school. Ellie wanted to go, but her throat is not looking well, so it's time to see the doctor. Anyway, Emersyn was ready!!! She KNEW she could do this!!! Then with 10 mins left before it's time to go everything starts falling apart. She no longer likes what she is wearing, she decides she doesn't like the pants I just bought her. I think we changed her shoe strings 3 times, her hair was up then down with the headband going in and out. Nothing was right!!!
We finally get it so she is comfortable with what she is wearing then she starts in on how she doesn't feel well and her stomach feels weird. I told her she is probably nervous and that is ok, but she will have a good day today like she did yesterday. She was upset that Kaelyn went down to meet her at the crosswalk. We finally make it to the school (now a little late). She CLINGS to me, so I walk her to her class. Of course she has to be out in the portables making me walk through the whole school in my pajamas. I pointed this out to Emersyn to help bring a smile to her face. It worked...until we got to her classroom.
This brings me to the question.. what do I do? I wish being a mom was easy sometimes!!


No comments:
Post a Comment