Monday, November 14, 2011

Choices

Boy, this last week we were faced with a lot of different choices. I know that everyday there are choices. However, most of those choices are not life changing. No wonder I was exhausted this weekend.... Tues evening (later in the evening that is) it became apparent something was wrong with Roxy. She was drooling and pacing the backyard. For those of you who know Roxy, you know this behavior is not normal for her. She is mostly inside laying down while snoring occasionally. Marc and I started watching her a little more closely. After a bit, I told Marc we needed to do something. I was afraid if we didn't we would wake up to a Roxy not with us anymore. Thank goodness the internet was invented all those years ago. As we started googling what Roxy's symptoms were we realized fairly quickly we needed to get to her a hospital. Arriving at the vet they took Roxy right back to examine her. Here is where the CHOICES get difficult. I was told Roxy was critical and needed to stay there for the night. She could also need surgery!! At this point, our CHOICES were to either to pay the LARGE bill presented to us or put Roxy to sleep. I could not make that CHOICE to put her to sleep without giving her a chance to recover. I had to give Roxy the night and re-evaluate her in the morning before I could make that CHOICE. Thankfully, Roxy was doing better and we got to bring her home the next afternoon.

One of my children had a tough CHOICE to make this weekend as well. Actually, I don't think it was actually that difficult of a CHOICE but one "she" was faced with nonetheless. "She" was invited to the mall with some friends. When "she" found out who all was going "she" knew the right CHOICE would be to stay home. I am so proud of her for making this CHOICE and that is seemed so obvious to her. I know our children are faced with lots of CHOICES that could definitely affect their future. I am thankful for at least this one time (and hopefully more will come) "she" had the courage to make the right CHOICE.

No comments:

Post a Comment