Thursday, November 3, 2011

Almost There



This week started try-outs for Mesa High basketball. Although, I would hope Cameron would make the team I guess you never know and still get a little nervous about it. Cameron said there were quite a few people trying out. Since the beginning of the year Cameron's PE class has been basketball, working with the coaches and getting conditioned. Still, for formality try-outs have to be held. Even though we have boundary except Cameron over to Mesa High to play basketball, he played on the summer JV team, he has the PE class everyday, conditioning after school everyday, has done fundraisers for the team and has been fitted for Mesa High's team shoes I still get nervous he is not going to make it. The truth is... he IS going to make the team!!! Now, what team is he going to make is the question. He has been practicing with the JV players and like I said he did make the JV summer team for tournaments, so my fingers are crossed he will make the JV team for the season. Wouldn't that be AWESOME!!!!!
Last night they had first cuts. I didn't know about these first cuts because Cameron doesn't like to give too much information. So, what a relief that he made the first cut. Everyone who is in his basketball PE class is still there trying out including Cameron. We will find out Friday (that's only tomorrow) what team he make's. Then rumor has it, there is practice starting Saturday morning!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment