Monday, September 12, 2011

Ombre





My little girl is growing up. For years Kaelyn has been asking when she can die her hair. Oh, I was not ready to go down this road. She is suppose to stay young and not want these sort of things. I started thinking of how old I was when I started getting highlights put in my hair. I believe I was around 13, which is how old Kaelyn is right now. All I can see is dollar sign with having 3 girls plus myself of course.
Kaelyn always wanted to put red, purple or blue into her hair. I tried to talk her out of it with no success. Of course, I am just the mom and don't know what looks good. Thankfully, I have wonderful friends and family who would back up my opinion. It just so happened not too long before school was starting I had an appt for my hair with some errands I needed to take Kaelyn on, so she had to go with me. Thank goodness for Darcy!!!!!!!
We discussed the desire Kaelyn had to color her hair. This is when we were introduced to a coloring style called "ombre". It is a form of highlighting with the highlights starting farther down the hair. Meaning the color doesn't go right up to the roots. I am sure you have seen actresses with sort of thing and simply thought they hadn't had time to get their hair done....lol :)
This is not a pain free procedure. As the hair is sectioned out, before color is put on the hair is teased first. This is how you get the distance from the hair line. I felt like this was a perfect way for Kaelyn to get her hair colored with the maintenance being minimal. You see the bigger the regrowth the better the style looks. I know crazy, but it looks awesome!!!!! As a matter of fact, I am loving it so much I am trying to figure out how to do my hair without looking just like Kaelyn. She may not approve of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment