On Friday Marc and I celebrated our 17 year anniversary. We don't make big deal of our anniversary, but we do try to celebrate it. After all, this is the day our eternal family began. Marc and I went to Charleston's for dinner. While we were gone Ellie kept calling asking when we thought we were going to be home. There is nothing unusal about this, as she often does this while we are gone. Long story short, after our dinner, Cameron asked us for a ride with some of his friends. We were happy to help (a chance to meet some of his new friends from Mesa High). I called home to let Ellie know even though we were done with dinner we were driving Cameron somewhere and would be home in a bit. She asked if we could call her when we were at the Sonice (almost home). I told her we would... wasn't too much later Ellie calls again wondering where we are, when we will be home and who is with us. We were on the freeway.... Marc and I laugh and wonder if there is something going on. When we got the final call of the evening wondering again where we were I knew something had to be up. It was only Ellie and Emersyn home, so I couldn't even guess what they could be up to.
As we walked in the door this is what we found along with an outburst of Happy Anniversary!!!! The tv was off, the house was cleaned up and the cake was displayed on the island counter. So, this is what they were up to.....


No comments:
Post a Comment