Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Grandpa Washburn



This is Grandpa Washburn. He is a great example to our family. Every summer he puts on a great family reunion for all of us to enjoy. We feel like the reunions are not going to be around much longer. Grandpa Washburn decided to pack up and move back to Blanding, Utah so he could be close to a temple. I say "back" because this is where Grandpa Washburn is from. The Boise, Idaho temple closed for at least a year and most likely a little longer than that. Because Grandpa Washburn's love is geneology and temple work he decided he needed to find a temple to be close to. After making some phone calls he decided Blanding, Utah was the best place for him to go. He is only 20 mins from a temple and the traffic is minimal. He has found himself a little apartment there to rent. I do think he is a little lonely though, he sends messages out to family members to get the word out "to come see him".

I am so grateful for these kinds of examples we have to look to.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah Blanding! I've got a great idea. How about we meet up there one of these days? You go visit Grandpa Washburn and we'll go visit Grandma and Grandpa Halls and then we can visit each other, deal? I wonder if he lives anywhere near Dave's folks?

    ReplyDelete