Saturday, August 6, 2011

A Happy Dad..




Looking back through all the pictures we took while in San Diego bring a smile to my face when I come across these. Doesn't Marc look so happy...? I love it!!!!! Even though, his trip was somewhat ruined due to things happening at work. Instead of sitting on the beach all day; relaxing, taking naps, boogie boarding and eating good food...he found himself sitting in our car on conference calls trying to get a situation taken care of. Even at night he didn't go right to bed. Once everyone settled down for the night he would work on his computer. Then first thing in the morning the phone calls would start. I was feeling so bad for him!!!!! Here we came on this vacation to relax and even though most of us were...he wasn't. He did actually a couple times put his phone away, say they could leave a message and go take some waves in. Marc LOVES the ocean and the waves. Me, not soo much...lol

Our second day at the beach Ellie had put some shorts on and because of the rubbing she had a rash on her thighs between her legs... This was the worse rash I have ever seen. Amazing because she had to have been in pain for quite sometime for it to get that bad. When Ellie came out of the water and showed me it was already bleeding that is how bad it was. At the time Nathan and Marc were in the ocean enjoying the waves and I mean there were waves!! These were big rolling waves. It was toward the end of the day so many of us were ready to go, especially Ellie. We were going to call in the men to pack up and take us home, but they were having such a good time I let Ellie suffer just a little bit there on the beach. Really, there isn't anything I could do for her and her dad was having such a good time. With the days that he had being on the phone I definitely did not want to interrupt the fun. Sadly, though we had to.... I seriously think they would have stayed out until the sun went down they were having some much fun. (and none of the kids were out there to hang on them)

I am glad you had a great time in San Diego!!

No comments:

Post a Comment