Emersyn turned 8 in May and then was baptized in June. She was so excited she could hardly stand it. Months leading up to her birthday she was getting excited about being baptized and becoming a memeber of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. With her being the youngest it was both exciting and sad all at the same time. I was so excited to see Emersyn so excited to make covenants with her Heavenly Father. She promises she will always remember our savior as the Lord promises He will always be with her. Emersyn has a special sweet spirit about her. There are things Emersyn will say to me that blow me away. I know she lives very close to the spirit. During the opening of the baptism all the children with thier dad's (or whoever is baptizing them) sit up on the front row. The talks that are given that day are directed toward them who are being baptized. Marc was saying that even during the opening song Emersyn had tears in her eyes. I noticed while she was being confirmed and given the gift of the Holy Ghost Emersyn had tears streaming down her little cheeks. Emersyn is an example to me of how I need and want to live. She strives to make the right choices and be a good example to her friends and siblings. She has no idea the example she is to Marc and I.
Not too long after Emersyn was baptized she was kind of being a stinker. It happens every once and a while with her. I wouldn't let her have some thing or do something she wanted to do. After throwing a little fit she walked out the door. A few minutes later she walks back in. I could tell she had been crying. Probably more for what she wasn't allowed to do or get. Anyway, she comes back to where I was and with tears tells me she is sorry for acting that way. This brought tears to my eyes. We had a little moment of crying together and then went on with our day.
Congratulations Emersyn!! We are super proud of you!!


No comments:
Post a Comment