(This is an old photo of Cameron at football)
We are currently in the middle of Monsoon Season. Most days we see the clouds building up out by the mountains and wonder if they will make it into the valley and bring us rain. Well, like most days since June, it was the same thing... we saw the clouds building up, but there hasn't been that much rain that I forgot what power the Monsoon can bring.
By 5:30 the wind was blowing along with a little sprinkle. I gathered Cameron and Ellie together and headed to football practice. The drive to the field I had to be careful with all the dust blowing around I could hardly see in front of me. By the time we reach the field for practice it was raining. Not too hard, but definitely raining. I dropped the kids off and went to park. By the time I got out of the car with my chair and book in hand. (I was really hoping to get some good reading time in) the rain was really coming down. Well, in AZ you never know how long it's going to last.
Not far from the practice field I found an area of picnic tables with a roof overhead. Perfect place to wait for the rain to stop. Or so I thought...... I might as well have been standing out on the field with nothing overhead. I was drenched, Ellie was drenched, Cameron was drenched (although they were starting practice and not hiding under cover) Finally, they called practice and we made the walk back to the car. Cameron never made it through warm ups. I don't think Ellie even really started practicing. As a matter of fact, all the cheerleaders were acting as if they had never seen rain before; running around all the while screaming.
It was a fun night for all!!! Cameron got a break from practice, Ellie got to act like a crazy woman in the rain, and I got to come home and enjoy a night in.


No comments:
Post a Comment