Thursday, August 12, 2010

Great Job Emersyn



Emersyn has always been my little shadow. She is such a good girl and easy to take anywhere. We would go get our toes painted at Trina's and occasionally go to lunch with friends.

When she started school both of us had a hard time. She didn't want to go and I didn't want her to go! How hard was that watching her walk away with her class all the while tears dripping down her face.

This year (so far) everything has changed. She was a little sad when we got her line at school yesterday morning. She was trying her best to not cry and be strong. Who are we kidding, I was trying hard to not cry and be strong. Marc wasn't here this year to help me be strong, so I was on my own. I could show her how excited I was for her to start school, right? See, I really don't mind my kids being home for summer. Sure there are days they drive me crazy, but overall we have a pretty good time. Anyway, we saw her teachers, Mrs. Alvin and Mrs. Maldonado, arrive. If you know Emersyn, she has this cute little smile when she is nervous (I have a picture, but need Marc to come home and download them for me). She turned and looked at me with her cute, nervous smile she has and tears in her eyes. I was afraid that was it.

I promised I would come and meet her for lunch and check to see how her day was going. When it was time for her class to go in, she followed!!!!!! No clinging to my leg and crying just a teary smile and hug. I am so proud of her. She did a good job. We did a good job together. Now, how many days unitl fall break....?

POST UPDATE: This is the picture I wanted to use originally!! Emersyn is smiling hoping everything will be ok all the while if you look closely she has tears in her eyes. She is the sweetest thing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment