Sunday, May 1, 2011

Women's Conference



After missing Women's Conference the last couple of years, I decided it was time to try and get back up there. For a while I didn't think it was going to happen, until one day there was a phone call asking if we were going....and the planning was set in motion. Women's Conference makes for a great get-away from the family. I not only get a break from the every day mother and wife responsibilities but I also get the chance to fill my lamp while filling the Spirit.

Tawna and I arrived late Wed in SLC. The lady at the rental car asked if we wanted a GPS system. Heaven's no, we know where we are going...or so we thought :) Let's just say we were never "lost". However, we did see a lot of Provo I am not sure I have ever seen before. Not only Provo itself, but BYU campus too!

It was cold this year!! We woke up with snow stuck to the ground Sat morning. I didn't mind being that we were on our way out. I tell ya, I don't know how the students up there do it... I am not sure I would walk to class if it looked like this outside. Guess that is why I never felt the desire to leave sunny AZ for Utah after I graduated from high school.

Thanks Tawna for a great weekend. I had a lot of fun while staying up late!! It will most likely take me all year to prepare for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment