In the 5th grade every student is given the opportunity to play an instrument. It is not a mandatory, but an option. Ellie begged and begged to play the violin. I was not super excited about this. In my mind I was thinking, great another thing I get to fight to get done. Ellie has actually done wonderfully!!!! She is very much enjoying playing the violin. As a matter of fact, I have not had to remind her about practicing yet. Instead, she is always wanting to show me the new things she has learned. I am excited that she is excited about doing something. I strongly feel every one of children need to be involved in something to help exercise the talents they have been given. A few of our children have had a harder time finding out what their interests are while others have not had a hard time at all.
Ellie had her first concert at school a few days ago. Many students, like Ellie, this is the first time they have picked up the violin (or other strings instrument). They did a wonderful job and we look forward to her concert in Dec for the holidays.


No comments:
Post a Comment