Monday, October 17, 2011

Pioneer Trek



(Thanks Tracy for taking these photos while on the Trek)

What an emotional weekend this was!! Our stake took the youth on a Pioneer Trek during fall break. They left Thurs morning and returned Sat early evening. I really struggled with this. Although, I knew it was going to be a great experience for Cameron I struggled with sending him knowing he was going to be hungry. The youth were to live as the pioneers did all the those years ago when they crossed the plains heading to Salt Lake City. As far as we know, we don't have any relatives who were part of migration West. Still, their stories of struggles and survival are very touching.
We often wondered what he was doing, where he was and if he was hungry. I knew that no matter what Cameorn would make the best of his situation. He just has that personality where he likes to have fun. Marc and I both told him to have fun, but not to drive his family (they are broken up into families with adults as ma, pa, big brother and big sister) crazy. I guess he had a great time. Little bits of info come out from time to time. We knew before Camerong got home we would not be able to pounce him with questions. That is one thing that drives him crazy. So, every now and then I ask a question or two.
I am so glad he is home safe and sound where I know he will have plenty of food to eat and a warm bed to sleep in.

No comments:

Post a Comment