The day after my Grandma passed away these wonderful bouquets of flowers started showing up at our door. It was very unexpected, but wonderful all at the same time. Marc works with some great people and they sent the flowers as condolences. The flowers were absolutely beautiful. I appreciated them a lot.
With Grandma not being here anymore our family is going to be a lot different. I know we will still see Steve and Denise because they will here. And because they live here hopefully that means we will still see Jennifer, Danny and their families from time to time. Most everyone is coming in this weekend for a little memorial. Jerry and Mary came from South Carolina with Sam, Hannah is coming from Wyoming, Danny and Erin from Oregon and Jennifer, Jamie and Bailey from California. I think this will probably be one (if not the very) of the last times we will all be together as a family. Thank goodness for Facebook...Facebook will allow us all to keep track of what everyone is doing.
I have and will always be grateful for my testimony in the plan of salvation. It's moments and times like these when you lose someone you love that you are grateful you will see them again. Although, that doesn't make the sadness go away but in the end you feel that comfort knowing you will see them again. Both Grandma and Grandpa have been dearly missed. I think about them a lot and all the memories we shared with them. I really had hoped they would be around a lot longer for selfish reasons obviously. They to me are a cute little love story. Grandpa adored Grandma and took great care of her. Made sure he helped with things Grandma needed help with. He always had the car washed and gas put in it. Grandpa always planted the flowers wanted in the yard around their home. It was cute. Since Grandpa passed away almost 2 years ago, Grandma just couldn't live without him. How cute is that? They were married in 1951 when my Grnadma was only 17 years old. She didn't know life without him. All she wanted was to be back with him. I find great comfort in knowing she is happy. Grandma is back with Grandpa and they are happy. I will ALWAYS treasure the love they both showed me and my little family. Cameron, Kaelyn, Ellie and Emersyn will remember their great-grandparents.
This weekend will bring closure. We are gathering as a family at the cemetary for a private memorial service. We will remember the wonderful, kind and compassionte person Grandma was to everyone around. She did a great job taking care of her family and I hoped I was able to learn a few things from her. We love you Grandma!!!!


So sorry to hear about your Grandma, Holly. I know you were really close to her. I hope it was a nice weekend for your family to be together and remember her.
ReplyDelete