Sunday, December 19, 2010

Ellie's Birthday Fun









We celebrated Ellie's birthday with a birthday party again this year. We give our kids the option of getting some cash or having a birthday party. The only one who has taken the cash these last few years is Cameron. Everyone else still enjoys the birthday party.

Birthday parties are so hard for me. I am not very creative in thinking of things to do. I have always enjoyed hosting the party away from home for so many reasons; they do all the work, they do all the set up/clean up, they entertain all the kids for however many hours. The best part of all....we just show up!!! Ellie didn't want to go anywhere for her party this year. She wanted to stay home and play games. Oh joy....... After a few days of thinking and starting to feel a little overwhelmed (remember I am not creative) I came up with the idea of playing "Minute to Win it" games. There is a game show on TV called this. They play these random corky games, but they look like a lot of fun.

Some of the games we played.... balance a cookie on your forehead and try to eat it without using your hands, try and blow plastic cups off a table using the air you blew into a balloon (you only have 1 minute to do this), try and stack 5 red delicious apples on top of each other in a minute and they have to stay standing for 3 seconds.

I think the party was a lot of fun...Everyone seemed to have a good time. Ellie at the end said, "I think next year I am going to take the money." Best thing I had heard all day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment