Kaelyn wanted to play softball for another season. She played in the fall and enjoyed it so much she wanted to play again. Her coach, Brian, is a great coach. He teaches them the basics of how to play the game. You can only imagine his patience with 13 10-12 yr old chatty girls.
Not long into the season Kaelyn told me she would like to pitch. We discussed this for a bit. I finally told her Coach Brian will not have any idea you want to pitch if you don't talk to him about it. That day dropping her off at practice, she was a little early and Coach Brian asked her if she had ever thought of pitching. Perfect!!!! She got to pitch an inning of the next game. I wish I had a picture of her expression when Coach Brian called her in from the outfield to come in and pitch. Poor thing, you could tell she was so nervous, but she did a great job. After throwing a couple strikes I think her nerves calmed just a little but every now and then you could see her taking a large breath. Priceless!!!
This will probably be the last season of softball Kaelyn will play. Although, she loves it, her ballet is going to start taking even more of her time during the week. We have enjoyed sitting out in the sun watching you play softball Kaelyn. Thanks for a great season!!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment