If you know my Emersyn well, you know she was not sure about the first day of school. While I stood in line with her waiting for her teacher to come she was being so strong. I was thinking well maybe this will be our turn around year where there won't be any tears. I shouldn't have even thought it. Within just a few minutes her teacher was there to take them into the school and to their classroom. The minute her class started walking she grabbed my leg so I walked with her. We came to the door to go inside..no way was she going. She planted her feet and begged to stay with me. I had to go find Marc who was with Ellie to let him know her class had gone in without us and now I had to take her down to her classroom. Emersyn is very shy and feels very safe when mom, dad and Kaelyn are around. We got to her classroom and there was no way she was letting me go. After about 20 minutes I looked at her teacher and just simply said, "I'm just going to have to go, we could do this all day." Ms. Cuttone her teacher agreed and I left with Emersyn crying. How heartbreaking is that? I am a little sad just writing this. Since then, Emersyn has gotten a little better but still tries to hang onto Kaelyn's backpack in the mornings. What am I going to do next year when Kaelyn is in Jr High?
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Mom, can't I stay home with you?
If you know my Emersyn well, you know she was not sure about the first day of school. While I stood in line with her waiting for her teacher to come she was being so strong. I was thinking well maybe this will be our turn around year where there won't be any tears. I shouldn't have even thought it. Within just a few minutes her teacher was there to take them into the school and to their classroom. The minute her class started walking she grabbed my leg so I walked with her. We came to the door to go inside..no way was she going. She planted her feet and begged to stay with me. I had to go find Marc who was with Ellie to let him know her class had gone in without us and now I had to take her down to her classroom. Emersyn is very shy and feels very safe when mom, dad and Kaelyn are around. We got to her classroom and there was no way she was letting me go. After about 20 minutes I looked at her teacher and just simply said, "I'm just going to have to go, we could do this all day." Ms. Cuttone her teacher agreed and I left with Emersyn crying. How heartbreaking is that? I am a little sad just writing this. Since then, Emersyn has gotten a little better but still tries to hang onto Kaelyn's backpack in the mornings. What am I going to do next year when Kaelyn is in Jr High?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment