Today my Grandma Tessendorf would be 78 yrs old. Last year we celebrated over Olive Garden lunch brought into Denise's house. Grandma loved the Olive Garden :)
Grandma T was one of the sweetest Grandma's. She was an example to me in so many ways. We would talk on the phone for hours and laugh. I would explain to her what I happened to be going through at the time and without fail she at some point in her life had a similar experience. Grandma was a great support to my family. Always willing to help where she could.
Grandma introduced the homemade German Chocolate Cake that has now become a favorite in our family. There is a little work involved with making it, so I don't make it for fun. Usually for Marc's birthday and anyone else who requests it as well.
When Kaelyn was born, she LOVED to cry. Marc worked a couple jobs then and had to get to bed early so he could get up early. Grandma knew I struggled with watching Cameron while trying to keep Kaelyn quiet. A few nights a week, I would find myself over at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Grandpa would take Cameron on walks around their home to try and help wear him out, while Grandma would hold Kaelyn and try to help soothe her.
Grandma and Grandpa were usually the first ones to show up to birthday parties, sporting events, whatever my kids had going on.
Grandma, thank you for being such a great example to me!!!! You taught me so many wonderful things. I think of you often and miss you just as often. I love the memories my kids have of you. We find ourselves talking about you and Grandpa all the time. Not many kids get a chance to know their great=grandparents the way mine did. Thank you!!! Thank you for always wanting to be apart of our lives. We love you!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment