Every time Emersyn asks if she can go out and ride her bike that song always pops into my head and I start singing. "I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike....chorus...bicycle, bicycle.... Do you know what song I am talking about? Can't remember who sings it, but I do know it has been out for like 100 years....
For Christmas Emersyn asked for a new bike. Thank goodness Santa heard her wish and brought her a brand new bicycle. One withOUT training wheels. Here is the thing...I think all of our other kids learned to ride their bikes when they were 5-6 years old. I guess this is what happens when you are the baby of the family. But, she is such a sweet baby of the family....
Immediately, Emersyn was nervous to get on the bike and try it out. As a matter of fact, she really wasn't all that excited about getting the bike after all. We all tried to get her to go outside and try riding...Emersyn has other things she wanted to do. After lots and lots of encouraging words, Emersyn finally got on for a try. The only one she wanted to help her was Cameron though...UNTIL....he did something to freak her out (like let go of the back of the bike). Day after day we would all go outside and try to get Emersyn up and riding the bike. Day after day she was getting better but not quite riding by herself.
UNTIL ONE DAY...........
She got on the bike and with a little push she was off...... She was even able to turn around and come back to us. Now, we were down to just needing help getting the bike started. After a few days this part clicked too.....
NOW..........
She rides alongside Marc and I as we walk the dogs. She is always showing us her latest trick; standing up while riding, put one foot on the bar while riding..... We are so proud of you Emersyn!!!!! Sorry it took your mom and dad so long to get you up on that bike.


No comments:
Post a Comment