Well, this football season didn't last very long. Saturday's game was rained out so they rescheduled for Monday which was Labor Day. Perfect...I thought yay I get to acutally watch the game. (Had it been played on Sat I wasn't going to be able to watch becasue Ellie was cheering at the same time) The game was being played out at San Tan High...way out there. Just before the game was to start some of the coaches decided to run a play for practice. Marc and I were up in the bleachers at the top ready to push the record button on the video camera. Unfortunately, we didn't get the chance to push that button and won't for Cameron's game until next football season. Just before the game was to start Cameron was tackled. The way he came down on the ground ended with a broken wrist. I didn't see this happen but Marc was at his side within seconds of this happening. Not knowing the extent of the injury I gathered our things and headed down to the field. Thankfully a mom from our team called the hospital. We walked in and a nurse came right out. Cameron was medicated taking some of the pain away within minutes. Dr Mullen (our personal orthopedic specialist) put a cast on Cameron. Thankfully that is all we had to do. With breaking both bones in his wrist we were very grateful Cameron didn't have to have surgery or any setting of bones. Now we just get to deal with a cast for 6-8 weeks :(
Monday, September 14, 2009
2nd Saturday (Monday)...Out for Season
Well, this football season didn't last very long. Saturday's game was rained out so they rescheduled for Monday which was Labor Day. Perfect...I thought yay I get to acutally watch the game. (Had it been played on Sat I wasn't going to be able to watch becasue Ellie was cheering at the same time) The game was being played out at San Tan High...way out there. Just before the game was to start some of the coaches decided to run a play for practice. Marc and I were up in the bleachers at the top ready to push the record button on the video camera. Unfortunately, we didn't get the chance to push that button and won't for Cameron's game until next football season. Just before the game was to start Cameron was tackled. The way he came down on the ground ended with a broken wrist. I didn't see this happen but Marc was at his side within seconds of this happening. Not knowing the extent of the injury I gathered our things and headed down to the field. Thankfully a mom from our team called the hospital. We walked in and a nurse came right out. Cameron was medicated taking some of the pain away within minutes. Dr Mullen (our personal orthopedic specialist) put a cast on Cameron. Thankfully that is all we had to do. With breaking both bones in his wrist we were very grateful Cameron didn't have to have surgery or any setting of bones. Now we just get to deal with a cast for 6-8 weeks :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment