Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A COUPLE WEEKS AGO.......

we attended the Mesa High Jackrabbit Basketball Banquet. It turned out to be a fun night with yummy food. Everything always seems nice when there is yummy food to devour :)

Each coach got up and spoke about each boy that was on his team and then presented the player with a certificate.

Cameron is a fierce competitor. He leaves it all on the floor. He has the approach of going to win the game instead of trying not to lose it. He always demanded to be the one to guard the other teams top scorer and refused to let them score. He never backed down from any situation and would take and make big shots for us.

The above words were what Coach Stansberry (Freshman coach) had to say about Cameron. The JV coach didn't give us his words typed out but I do remember some of the things he said. Coach Velasco started off by saying, "Cameron got hurt just before the beginning of the season during a scrimmage and missed the first part of the season. I thought Cameron was going to struggle a little bit when he came back. His first game he score 23 points. I realized he wasn't struggling." Coach Velasco also said Cameron will have a great few years at Mesa High because he works hard.

We really enjoyed the banquet. We laughed at some of the memories we had from the season. One being during the Mountian View game a ref called a technical on our coach Stansberry. Coach didn't say one word it was the dad's in the stands that were yelling. I know it may not be funny now, but at the moment we were laughing. The ref did take the technical back and asked the dad's to be quiet. I think they had bigger issues that game.....

No comments:

Post a Comment