
The beginning of every year the Young Women have a program called "New Beginnings". It's a program to welcome the girls who will be turning 12 and going into young women's throughout the year. Hard to believe, but Ellie was invited to New Beginnings. I can't believe this year is the birthday we have been talking about for years!! Ya know, turning 12 on 12/12/12... surely, you have heard us talk about it a time or two :)
As parents we were asked to bring a flower that we felt represented our daughter to introduce her. In talking with Marc we both immediately thought of the Lily. Lillie was her grandmother's name (Marc's mom) whom Ellie never had a chance to meet, but the similarities are amazing. As the night went on (Ellie was the last to be introduced because of her birthday) I soon noticed it was the mother's getting up to introduce the daughters. Marc and I had agreed he would be the one. I leaned over to Marc and asked if he wanted to me to do it. He assured me he was fine. I guess we are different like that... only follow the important rules. All other rules are meant to be broken.
Marc added in some of his humor, but by the end Marc, Ellie and myself were in tears. Even though Ellie can be a prickly pear at times, she really has a sweet spirit about her. She has overcome obstacles already at such a young age. She did what she needed to do in order to get her vision corrected (without surgery). Ellie has a strong personality which blesses her life. I hope with this personality she will be able to make the right choices when the right choice is hard to make.
We love you Ellie!!!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment