
For the last couple weeks I have been contemplating what I should do for Valentine's Day. Correction, should I do anything at all or get them anything for Valentine's Day. I was at Walmart a few days ago and thought, I should get the kids a little box of chocolates or something but nothing crazy. We have done crazy before and there really isn't a need for it. Am I a party pooper or realistic? Maybe a little of both.
So, I got on Facebook today to spy on what people were up to. All the Valentine's posts made me GUILTY!!!! So many mom's posted pictures of cute lunches they put together for their kids or cute breakfasts' made with love. I couldn't stand it!!! Here, all I had was a $1 box of chocolate for my kids and NOT ONE THING for MY Valentine. (Whom I love dearly and am so grateful to have him around)
I thought, this is pathetic of me. I think I have an issue. I take the easy way out of things too much!! I talk myself out of doing cute things for my family all the time. Well, even though, I didn't send my kids off the school with a cute breakfast (they all had cereal) or any cute lunches packed, I will have you know I am trying to make up for it with dinner. Papa John's offers heart shaped pizzas, so that is what we will be having with a yummy salad and some chocolate dipped strawberries for dessert. Dang it, I was going to get red kool aid while I was at the store... I also got each of the kids a little bag with a goodie inside and MY Valentine a little something. I feel much better!!! I am vowing to stop taking the "easy way" out of things and to start doing cute things to celebrate special days like today. After all, I do love them ALL very much!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment