Sunday, October 10, 2010

Breast Cancer Awareness Month



As we are all aware, October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. Marc's mom passed away due to this terrible disease Feb 4, 1999. We decided Cameron would honor is grandmother and all the other women who pass away from this by wearing pink to his games. The first week of Oct, Cameron was the only member of his team who wore pink. Sadly, the coaches gave him a hard time about the pink. That is, until he told them it was Breast Cancer Awareness month. It was good to see more boys this week show up with pink.

Dear Grandma Lilly, we think of you often. We share stories of you with our kids. We laugh at the good times we spent with you. Although, you are not here anymore. We do feel your love and protection. Thank you for watching over our children.

The Storm were sadly defeated by the Spurs. Although, Cameron had a great game!!!! He intercepted the ball right in front of us. It was so awesome :) Great-Grandma Tessendorf was there to see it as well.

Dear Cameron, I love the young man you have become. I love watching you play!!! You were there for your team mate to help him off the field when he got hurt. You were there to help encourage your teammates while everyone else was getting discouraged. You were a good sport while shaking hands with the other team. I know you have some kids you have known for a few years on that team. Thank you for the being the good example you are!!!!! Don't ever forget how much we love you :)

1 comment:

  1. I know you don't like comments on here cuz you're making this a book, but I just had to say that I love Aunt Lilly too and miss her. She had such a sarcastic humor that was oh so loveable, and was such a strong amazing woman.

    ReplyDelete