Sunday, January 15, 2012

Time to Party!!







This post is LONG overdue... I mean a month overdue. The holidays come and all craziness comes with it.

Ellie turned 11 back in Dec. Ellie loves to move and be entertained. I had a friend who did a scavenger hunt birthday party with a twist. Thought we would steal the idea :) I am good at that, ya know....stealing other people's ideas. Anyway, the twist was.... This was a "flat Ellie" scavenger hunt. This is how it went. We printed out a little animated person and pasted a picture of Ellie's face. We gave each team a list of things around the neighborhood. So we didn't need to bother many people, the things were things you could find in yards or what not. Anyway, we broke the party into groups. (For protection and supervision I had a Cameron and Kaelyn go with the groups... Not sure there was any protection or supervision) It worked out there was a boy team and a girl team. Gave them their lists, an hour time limit and sent each group on their way. Our house was SILENT!!!! Now, this is the way to throw a party I was thinking... Everyone is entertained and my house is not getting destroyed in the meantime. Thankfully, they all made it back. Everyone was fine. The boys actually won (a king size candy bar) but we discussed it and all the party guests went home with a king size candy bar. Well, not everyone, some decided to eat it the minute they got it. Like they hadn't had enough sugar, candy, soda and pizza already.

We look forward to this next birthday party.... It will be the BIG one we have been waiting for... turning 12 on 12/12/12!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment