Monday, July 12, 2010

Proud to be an American


This Independence Day was actually an emotional one for me. I am not quite sure why.. I have always been so grateful to be an American and living in this free country, but this year I had tears in my eyes as I heard the song "Proud to be an American" sung while watching fireworks.
A few months ago, over spring break we took our kids to Washington DC. It was an amazing trip!!!!! We learned so much history or at least I "re-learned" a lot of our history. Although, there were stories I had never heard before. We have an amazing country that had many opportunities to be defeated. Our fore-fathers' never gave up the fight in keeping us a free country.
I thank all those who have served in the military as well as those who continue to serve. Thank you for protecting me and my family!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I share your feelings on this great country we live in!! I get a bit emotional when I think of all who have fought for our freedoms, and I too am thankful to them and for them! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete